Urban Forest Sustainability and Management Review - UFSM ReviewCalc
This is an Excel spreadsheet that implements the Urban Forest Sustainability & Management Review checklist. Beta v6.6a with Discovery Matrix. [23Feb17 Austin]
The Urban Forest Sustainability & Management Review System is designed to provide a framework for comprehensively evaluating urban forest management programs.
The primary objectives of the program review are to:
- engage the full spectrum of the organizations’ management team: executive, financial, resource, and outreach,
- provide program direction that increases the level of professionalism in urban forest management,
- conduct a gap analysis of management practices and the health of green assets
- increase the health of the green assets managed by the program, and…
- optimize this management for identified ecosystem services (i.e. reach an acceptable benefit:cost ratio).
This program review system (the checklist and the process) can be used for municipal or county urban forest management programs, or to evaluate college or corporate campus management programs. The system is particularly suited for the independent evaluation of participants in Arbor Day Foundation programs like Tree Campus USA(r), Tree City USA(r)or Tree Line USA(r).
It is based on the current Urban Forest Sustainability and Management Review Checklist developed in cooperation with Agnes Scott College Office of Sustainability and the ASC Arboretum Advisory Council. Agnes Scott College is located in Decatur, Georgia.
Aug 27, 2015
Urban Forestry South
Urban Forest Management, Technology(not GIS or GPS), Evaluation/Assessment, Best Management Practices (BMPs), ANSI Standards
ReviewCalc, Program Review