[FL] A Vision for Urban and Community Forestry (2005-2010)
"The purpose of this strategic plan is to create a vision for urban and community forestry in Florida, so that the resources will be allocated resulting in optimal urban forests for the benefit and enjoyment of Florida residents." [From Plan]
The 2005-2010 Florida Strategic Plan identifies 6 goals:
- Educate all segments of the public, ensuring inclusion of underserved population, on the full benefits of well-managed urban forests.
- Promote the active involvement of citizen groups and volunteers in Urban and Community Forestry.
- Foster professionalism in Urban and Community Forestry.
- Promote best practices in tree care, production and management for sustainable urban forests.
- Encourage research in Florida’s urban and community forests.
- Sustain the Florida Urban Forestry Council.
C. Marcus (Editor)
Planning, State U&CF Program
Strategic plan, Urban forest council