UFST ANSI A300 and Risk Assessment for Team Leaders
Presentation handouts with narrative from the UFST Team Leader Refresher Workshop in Raleigh at William Peace University (June 2013).
This is the Tree Risk Assessment Specifications presentation developed by the UFST Advisory Committee & the USDA Forest Service for the UFST Team Leader refresher workshop in Raleigh, NC; June 17-18, 2013.
The Urban Forest Strike Team program was developed by the Southern Group of State Foresters and has since been adopted and adapted for use throughout the eastern United States.
The objective of this presentation is to introduce/review the ANSI A300 Part 9 and ISA BMP risk protocol and its relationship to the UFST assessments provided following significant disaster events.
- the ANSI A300 (Part 9) Risk Assessment standard and how it applies to UFST
- UFST specification components
- an overview of the ISA BMP for Risk Assessment
- when necessary we can discuss these in terms of Matheny & Clark
- how the risk specification & BMP protocol are executed in the field (UFST deployment)
- risk assessment resources
This presentation uses the following three (3) references (i.e. current arboricultural standards):
- ANSI A300 (Part 9)-2011 Tree Risk Assessment; a. Tree Structure Assessment, Tree Care Industry Association, Inc., Londonderry, NH
- Best Management Practices: Tree Risk Assessment (2011), Smiley, E.T., and N. Matheny, S. Lilly, International Society of Arboriculture, Champaign, IL
- Tree Risk Assessment - Manual (2013), Dunster, J. and E.T. Smiley, N. Matheny, and S. Lilly, International Society of Arboriculture, Champaign, IL (i.e. TRAQ)
Power Point Presentation
Risk Assessment and Hazard, Arboricultural Profession, ANSI Standards, Disaster
Risk, ANSI, TRAQ, UFST, A300